Innovative transportation services are popular because of the convenience, cost-efficiency, and environmental value they provide.
One of the most sought-after transportation network services nowadays is carpooling or ride-sharing.
But as with any other business, running a car pool company can be challenging.
Fortunately, there are various tools you can invest in to make your day-to-day operations run smoothly.
Read on to find out what they are.
Web-Based Ride-Sharing Platform
The first thing you need to have if you’re planning to start a car pool business is a ride-sharing platform with superior reliability and functionality.
A ride hailing platform will automate your car pool operations and improve the efficiency of your services, allowing you to stay competitive with the best technology.
Here are just a few of the features and benefits of a ride hailing platform:
- Fast Business Launch: A ride-sharing app that’s easy to set up from a self-service web-based platform enables you to focus on your business operations. Hence, software implementation isn’t a time waster nor a big deal.
- Real-Time Trip Pooling: With an excellent platform, you can offer trip pooling in real time. In this way, you can reduce your costs of operations by passing some of them down to your passengers.
- Manage Driver Payments Seamlessly: With detailed reporting, your car pool business can pay drivers quickly and easily within the day or on their desired schedule.
- Open API For Seamless Integrations: You can integrate your system into the apps that customers are already using because of open application programming interface or API.
Car Pool App
Your car pool business can benefit from an easy-to-use app that riders and drivers alike can use for scheduling, booking, or cancelling trips.
You can set specific rules that both parties should follow in order to avoid consequences such as additional cost for waiting.
In addition, you can embrace a zero emission ride hailing service by using robust management tools with driver-side and consumer-facing apps.
Having your own car pool business app promotes better communication and saves a lot of money, effort, and time.
Website And Social Media Accounts
Because promoting a business is now mostly done digitally, establishing a good online presence is a must.
If you want to market your car pool business effectively, you need to have a website as well as social media pages.
With these, you can implement various digital marketing strategies for your car pool business, such as the following:
- Content Marketing: Create a blog section on your website to provide valuable solutions and answers to common queries and concerns about your ride-sharing services. In addition, you can encourage more people to look into your company and request your services.
- SEO Marketing: Search engine optimization (SEO) is important in generating more online traffic. The more online visitors you have, the more prospects you can convert into passengers. People can easily find your web pages and engage with your content, driving unpaid or organic traffic.
- Social Media Marketing: People often share their personal stories on social media, including their real-life experiences with carpooling or ride hailing. You can promote your car pool business on social media to broaden your customer base by being active in group discussions, responding to comments, and running social media ads.
Brand Marketing Tools
Branding is highly important to a ride-sharing or ride hailing business. If you want people to remember your services, then it’s necessary to invest in brand marketing tools like the following:
- Drivers’ Uniforms: More people will distinguish your company if you provide your drivers with uniforms, especially if your team is steadily getting bigger. A driver wearing a uniform also gives passengers peace of mind knowing they’re in safe hands.
- Company Logo: Having a brand logo for your car pool business makes you a true professional, setting you apart from fly-by-night independent contractors.
- Branded Merchandise: From time to time, you can offer freebies or cool prizes to your loyal riders by giving them branded merchandise items such as keychains, lanyards, mugs, neck pillows, or shirts. Using branded merchandise also increases referrals and encourages word of mouth.
It is crucial to define your corporate identity.
Accounting And Taxation Tools
As your car pool business grows, you need to be keen in handling your finances, particularly when it comes to bookkeeping, accounting, and taxes.
It’s a good thing that accounting tools and other financial software options are now available online to help you keep track of such matters.
There’s a wide range of tools that car pool business owners can use to maximize their profits and provide excellent ride-sharing services.
In addition, there are digital marketing strategies you can take advantage of to promote your business across various online channels such as social media.
This way, you can reach out to more potential clients and interact with your current ones.