For millions of Amazon customers, there is no better way of showing appreciation for Mother’s Day, birthday, or any other occasion than giving an Amazon gift card.
Amazon gift card is redeemable for the purchase of millions of different products as well as services that are provided by Amazon LLC and all its affiliates, including the official Amazon web store.
The popularity of Amazon gift cards brought more than several types of gift cards you can get, including:
- Electronic Gift Cards – eGift Cards
- Physical Gift Cards
- Print at Home Gift Cards
- Specialty Gift Cards
- Amazon Reload
With all these options, users can take advantage of gifting, redeem their Amazon gift cards, or load their balance at any time.
You can also earn Amazon gift cards by taking surveys, and then proceed to do whatever you want with them.
How to Check the Amount on Amazon Gift Card?
If you want to check your gift card balance in a couple of seconds, you can select a product and proceed to check out.
Once you select your Amazon gift card as a payment method, you will see its total balance at the checkout even before you finalize your purchase.
That means that you can see your Amazon gift card balance without buying a product.
There are several more ways to check the amount on an Amazon gift card, and you can indirectly do it if you check your balance online on Amazon or your Amazon app.
Check Balance Online
You can also check your gift card balance on the official Amazon website. Follow these simple guidelines to check your Amazon gift card balance online:
- Log in to your Amazon account. Go to My Account.
- Scroll to find the Gift Cards category and select it.
- You will be given two options, which are to view your orders and gift cards. The gift card option lets you either view your balance or redeem your card. When you select the gift card option, a popup window will appear.
- Enter your Gift Card ID and click on the button Check to check your balance.
Check Balance on Amazon App
To check your balance on the Amazon app, follow these simple steps:
- First, access your Amazon app and look for My Account. You will scroll down to find the Gift Card.
- You will find the Gift Card option at the bottom when you scroll down. Click to select it.
- You will find the Add balance option. When you click on it, you will need to enter your Gift Card ID.
- A window will pop up and show your gift card balance.
- Click on the message to agree. You will need to cancel this action before it is redeemed so that you can view your Amazon gift card balance without redeeming it.
How to Create Amazon Reload Account?
Amazon also allows users to create an Amazon Reload account, which lets them load their gift card balance at any time.
You can create your Amazon Reload account in only a few moments by following these simple instructions:
- Visit the official Amazon website and choose Gift Cards. You can also google-search Amazon Gift Cards and this page will pop up among the first results.
- You will find different gift card options, among which you will also see Amazon Reload.
- Click on the Amazon Reload option and you will be taken to a page dedicated to this service.
- You will get the option to buy Amazon Reload for a custom amount, which is the amount of the digital gift card you will be able to use for fast check out and other perks like discounts.
- You can always reload your Amazon Reload any time and in only a few moments.
- Can You Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to a Friend?
No, you can’t transfer your Amazon gift card balance to a friend, however, you can send a gift card to anyone.
You can choose to send a physical or a digital gift card to anyone, which is practically the same as you would choose to transfer your balance to someone else’s account.
Once you redeem your balance, you can spend it on millions of different products and services on Amazon.
With specialty gift cards, you can use the balance you have only on chosen brands and labels.
Essentially, Amazon gift cards stand as any debit or credit card on the official Amazon website and its related services and subsidiaries owned by Apple Inc.
Can You Transfer your Amazon Gift Card Balance to a Bank Account?
Even though you can’t send your balance to a friend from your Amazon gift card, you can transfer your Amazon gift card balance to your bank account.
Depending on what debit card you are using and you have, you will also be able to transfer your Amazon gift card balance to your debit card.
There is no direct solution to transfer your balance to your bank or debit card, however, there are workaround methods that you can use to make this happen.
To transfer your gift card balance to your bank account, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit Amazon Pay and look for the option Shoppers.
- You will need to enter your Amazon account credentials, including your email address to access more options.
- You will select the Withdraw Funds option once you access Amazon Pay.
- You will be prompted to select a withdrawal option, so you should choose your bank account.
- Enter the amount from your gift card that you want to send to your bank account.
- Click on Continue to finish the process of transferring the balance.
- The new balance should be visible on your bank account in a couple of days if not in a couple of hours.
You can easily view your Amazon gift card any time using our alternative methods, or you can simply choose your gift card as a payment method at the checkout which is when you will be able to see your balance without redeeming it.
You can always cancel the purchase before using your gift card balance to buy the item.