Apple Pay is one of the most popular payment services among Apple users as it allows them to easily make purchases in Safari, via their phone.
Moreover, the payment service by Apple Inc. also enables users to shop around a great number of stores without a lengthy checkout process.
Essentially, you can use Apple Pay not only with your phone, but you can make transactions via any Apple device, including a watch and iPad.
Many users are wondering if they can get cashback with Apple Pay. Does Apple Pay support cashback and how can you get cashback with Apple Pay?
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a payment service and digital wallet created, designed, and supported by Apple Inc. Apple Pay allows users to make payments in person and in physical stores, online via the Safari browser, or via their mobile devices.
The service can be exclusively used by Apple users and is not available on any other device or browser except the ones created by Apple Inc.
Apple Pay is extremely popular among users as they can use the service as a payment method in various stores, online, and in Apple Store.
Can You Get Cash Back with Apple Pay?
Not all stores accept Apple Pay as a payment method, however, most stores in the US do.
You can get cashback with Apple Pay as some of the supported stores offer refunds when you use Apple Pay for your purchase.
The cashback option depends on the store and the amount you spent on your purchase. Usually, Apple Pay users could receive between 1% and 6% of the amount they spent on the purchase in question. You can also get cashback with Apple Pay in case the bank provides a cashback service when you pay via card.
Some stores that support Apple Pay also offer rewards for using Apple Pay as your payment method of choice. You may also get discounts and cashback.
What is the Amount of Cash Back You Can Get with Apple Pay?
The amount you will receive as cashback in the case that this option is supported depends on the store and the amount you spent on your purchase. Users usually receive between 1% and 6% on the amount they spent, but in general, cashback doesn’t go over 1%. In case you are using Apple Pay and American Express cards, you are likely to get up to 5% on cashback. You can get rewards and discounts at some stores with Apple Pay.
Terms and Conditions to Receive Apple Pay Cash Back
You can’t get cashback with every store that accepts Apple Pay, however, many stores, online and physical, offer cash back, rewards, and discounts for Apple Pay users. To get Apple Pay cashback, these are the terms and conditions that you need to match:
- You need to link your debit card to your Apple Pay account or use your Apple Pay card
- Users can get cashback only in stores that accept Apple Pay as a payment method
- Users can get cashback with stores that offer such compensation
Not all stores that accept Apple Pay offer cashback, so make sure to check out the stores that do before you request a cashback with Apple Pay.
You will get cashback only with stores that offer it. Some stores may offer rewards and discounts as well, which is a great alternative to the cashback option.
How to Get Cash Back with Apple Pay?
You can get cashback with Apple Pay in several ways:
1. If you are using Apple Pay to purchase products at Apple stores, you are entitled to 3% cashback on any device you buy, including Mac, games, additional equipment, iPhones, and gadgets.
2. You need to connect your debit card to your Apple Pay account to become eligible for cashback in stores where the payment method is supported and accepted. Some stores that accept Apple Pay may not offer cashback.
3. Perhaps the best option is to use your Apple Pay card. Whenever you use your Apple Pay card at stores that offer cash back, your account will be automatically loaded with the amount of the cashback.
Make sure to check what stores accept Apple Pay and offer discounts and rewards before you make your purchase with Apple Pay.
You will always get a 3% cashback in Apple stores whenever you swipe your Apple Pay card or you’re a debit card that is connected to your Apple Pay acco