If you’re looking to invest some money and make it grow over time, you’ve probably already considered buying some cryptocurrency. To be more specific, you’re probably interested in getting some Bitcoin as it is by far the most popular and widely-known cryptocurrency in the world.
It’s also been around for quite a long time and has a good amount of respect among investors.
However, there’s another cryptocurrency on the rise at the moment. Ripple, a competitor to Bitcoin, has been seeing some very good increases in its value and is projected to go much higher in the coming times.
So, if you have some Bitcoin with you and you wish to diversify your portfolio by adding in some Ripple, why not convert some of your existing Bitcoin into this new cryptocurrency?
If that sounds like something you’re looking to do, there are some easy ways in which you can convert Bitcoin to Ripple. Let’s take a look at some of them:
Ways to Convert Bitcoin (BTC) into Ripple (XRP)
One of the easiest ways to do this is by using Changelly. This is a service that enables users to convert Bitcoin into various other cryptocurrencies – Ripple being one of those.
With very little effort, you can convert your Bitcoin into Ripple and all you’d have to pay to use the service is a fee of 0.5%. To use Changelly, you first need to make an account.
Once you’ve logged in, this is what you need to do:
- Check the conversion rate by adding the amount in BTC that you wish to convert to XRP.
- If you’re happy with the rates, enter the address of your wallet into Changelly. This is the wallet where the converted XRP will be sent so make sure it is a secure address. A hardware wallet is even better for this step.
- Confirm the transaction and then just wait for a few hours. Once the transaction completes, you’ll be notified via email and you’ll get your XRP. It’s that simple.
Using Binance to convert Bitcoin into Ripple is very easy and convenient as well. To start using the service, simply make an account first.
While making the account, you will also be able to generate a wallet address on the platform. This is the wallet that will be used to convert your BTC into XRP in the following way:
- Once logged in, you’ll see a ‘Funds’ tab at the top toolbar of the page. Select BTC from the menu and then transfer your own BTC to the wallet address you’ve created at Binance. Now, you’ll have BTC on the platform which will be converted into XRP.
- To do so, go to the ‘Exchange’ tab and look for the XRP/BTC option. Through this option, you will be able to authorize the conversion of your BTC into XRP. Confirm the transaction when you’re happy with the details and that’s it. You’ll have your XRP in your Binance wallet in no time. You can then send the XRP to your personal wallet if you want.
Another well-reputed and secure way to convert BTC into XRP is by using Bitfinex. While the actual process of conversion is pretty similar to the two methods above, there is a difference in terms of the overall time it takes to use this service.
Registering for the service is not as simple as in the other cases, and you would need between 15-20 business days to do so.
That is because Bitfinex takes a much more serious approach to registering users. You’d have to verify your ID and then authenticate yourself in order to use this platform, and that takes time. However, if you do take this time then you can be sure of using a very secure service that works great. You can even use the mobile apps from Bitfinex to convert Bitcoin into Ripple on the go.
As you can see, there are various ways in which you can convert Bitcoin into Ripple. All of the ones in our list are safe and secure. They work great and are sure to give you a great experience overall. So, if you have some Bitcoin lying around in your secure wallet and want to test the waters with Ripple, then go ahead and convert some of the BTC into XRP with these easy methods!