Amazon is one of the most excellent online e-commerce sites that offers products at exceptional prices. There are different sellers that sell products too on Amazon. You also need to know how to contact sellers for different purposes like price inquiry, warranty, about an order, and many more specific inquiries.
In this article, you will learn how to contact a seller on Amazon. All items shipped directly by Amazon are handled by Amazon customer care representatives. However, if the item was sold and shipped by a third-party seller, there are different ways to contact that seller.
Related Read: How to Return Books To Amazon
How to Contact Seller on Amazon App
Apart from just purchasing items on Amazon, you can also contact different sellers for help using the following steps.
- Go to the Amazon App and log in with your details.
- Then select orders on the home page. Click on ‘Orders,’ and it will display the list of all the transactions and orders you have completed on Amazon.
- On every completed order, you will see the name of the seller that sold it. Select on the ‘Name of the Seller’ option, and it will display a box with a label to ask a question.
- Choose the option that best suits your inquiry from the drop-down menu.
- You will also find a label that reads select a subject. Click on the label to see the options displayed. You will have four options to display from (including shipping, product customization, returns and refund policy, and other questions). If you choose the other question option, you will also click on ‘write message’ where you will compose a message that states your inquiry.
- To attach a file or image, you will click on ‘Add Attachment,’ then click ‘Send’ to send your message.
How to Contact Seller on Amazon After Delivery
Most times, customers may want to contact their sellers on Amazon for one form of reason or the other. To achieve this, you can contact the seller any day any time either before or after the delivery using the following steps:
- Go to the official Amazon website and log-in with your details. You can quickly contact sellers using two different methods. First is to go to the product listing and click on ‘Third-Party Sellers Name.’ The second method is to go to your orders. Click on the specified order and the name of the seller. The seller will help you based on what the issue is.
- A box with a label ‘ask a question’ will pop up, click on it and ask your question. You will have two options to choose from either order I placed or item for sale.
- After choosing the label that describes your inquiry, select a subject. If you select the shipping question, click on the ‘write Message’ option. You will see a box where you will compose a 4000-character message. Note that you must be concise so as not to exceed the 4000 characters.
- To attach an image or file of the product you are contacting the seller for, click on the ‘Add Attachment’ option. Proofread your message and click on send.
How to Contact Seller on Amazon about an Order
In cases where you don’t fully understand the product description or listings that are listed by the sellers, you can quickly contact the sellers for more clarification. On the storefront of each seller, there is a contact option that you can use to get more information about a particular product. You can also ask about your purchase even after your order through Amazon.
- Go to ‘amazon.com’ and ‘log-in’ to your account. You will find your account on the homepage, click it and go to your orders.
- The order page will display all the list of orders you have ever placed on Amazon. Open the order you have a problem with. You will find the details of the product you ordered and the seller’s information at the end. Click on the seller’s name. A box with a question will pop out. Click on the option, and it will display two options (an order I placed and an item for sale) select accordingly.
- You will also find a label that reads select a subject. Click on the label to see the options displayed. You will have four options to select from (including shipping, product customization, returns and refund policy, and other questions). If you choose the other question option, you will also click on ‘write message’ where you will compose a message that states your inquiry. You are expected to describe your problem within 4000 characters concisely. If it exceeds this, it will not be accepted.
- If you want to attach a file or image of the product to make the seller fully aware of the problem, click the ‘Add Attachment’ option, and send the message.
- Wait for at least two working days for the seller to respond to your question. The seller will mostly respond to your question sooner than you anticipate. Amazon customer service handles critical problems on behalf of high-ranking sellers.
When you have a problem with any item purchased, there are two things to first consider in terms of who is selling the product. You will always have a third-party seller who is selling their items directly from an Amazon warehouse but is not sold or produced by Amazon. On the other hand, you have an item that is packaged and shipped directly from an Amazon warehouse and is sold by Amazon.
How to Contact a Third-Party Seller
- Go to Amazon.com
- Click on the product page of the item you have a question about
- You will see an option that says, ‘Sold by ____ and fulfilled by Amazon’
- Select the name of the brand that the product was sold by.
- You will see a box with a caption ‘Have a question for____?’ and a yellow button that says, ‘Ask a Question.’
- Select the yellow button that says Ask a Question
- You will be asked to state whether it is about an order you have already placed or it’s an item for sale
- See the dot that states that this question pertains to an item for sale
- Select a subject category that applies to your inquiry. And it will automatically transfer your question to the most qualified personnel to answer it.
- If you successfully followed the steps, you will receive a mail that is associated with your Amazon account.
The process of contacting a seller on Amazon has been made a lot easier and straightforward. Whatsoever be the problem you are having with a product you purchased, there is a well-structured system put in place by Amazon where the issue can be resolved amicably.