Amazon wish list is a gift archive, just like a birthday or wedding gift catalog where you create a list of all the things you wish you have, and when friends and family want to buy a gift for you, they can quickly go through your wish list to select from what you listed there. Once the gift is purchased, Amazon will deliver the items to you wherever you are as a surprise.
The practice of Amazon Wish list came into limelight in the year 1999 when a group of people wrote out a list of items they wished their loved ones could buy for them.
This idea saved the stress of trying to figure out what friends and family would love as a gift. This eliminated the art of asking people “what should I get for you?” especially during birthdays, valentine, Christmas or anniversaries.
It was initially intended for parents and grandparents to give them an idea of what their children wanted. Over the years, it has undergone some form of modification, and there are now better ways of creating wish lists to serve all categories of individuals and easily find a wish list on Amazon.
Related Read: How to Edit Your Amazon Reviews
How to Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List
Amazon’s wish list is an amazon user feature that enables users to create a list of all the items they wish to get in the nearest future.
The Amazon wish list is mostly public, friends and family can easily access your wish list via your link to have an idea of the items to get for you as a gift.
How to Find Someone’s Wish List
In the past, you could easily search for Amazon wish lists by names and emails, but there are now better and modified ways to find a wish list on Amazon easily.
- Through Amazon Homepage
Go to the Accounts & Lists option on the Amazon Home page and click on the wish list.
- Through your Friends
When you open the wish list page, two options will be displayed- Your Friends and Your Ideas list. Click on your friends
- By Asking Friends
There is a custom message on your page that you can easily send to all your friends asking them to share their wish list with you. Simply copy the message and edit it before mailing it to your friends.
You can only have access to a friend’s wish list if they decide to share it with you willingly. Also, they will not have an idea of the item you eventually purchased until it arrives.
Note that you must have an Amazon account to be able to access any list. If you don’t have, you can easily create a free account.
- Note the List
You can always go back to the list that was shared to you anytime you want to get a gift for the friend or family member unless if they revoke the privacy status
- Get Organized
You can quickly sort the items on the wish list based on price, date, title, purchase status or priority through the filter pull-down menus.
You can also add the items to your cart if you are not ready to buy immediately
- Find Wishlist on Amazon Shared by Friends
- Log in to your Amazon Account
- Go to Account & List’s
- Click on the Wish List
- Select the “Your Friends” option
- Choose one of the template messages provided or compose your own customized message and click “Email this message.”
- If the email goes to a different program you are not used to, simply Copy the message and paste it on your default email setting, add the recipient’s email address and forward it.
- After all the process is complete, when your friend shares the list, you will see it under the “Your Friends” section. Just click on the “Wish list” under the “Account & List” section to view the list. To make purchases for your friends, simply scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the instruction guide for making purchases.
This is the best approach to finding a wishlist on Amazon shared by family and friends via email addresses.
- Find Amazon Wish List by email
- First, go to the search page on Amazon’s homepage, type the person’s name and click on search. Click the person’s name from the list of results displayed to view the wish list. If the person is not on your friend list, you can easily add the person to your friend’s list. To save a link to the person’s list for future references, click “Remember” (Note that this is an optional step and only enables you to locate that list from any search result page quickly)
- Request for the wish list of a friend or family member through email, simply create a customized message or use the Template.
- Click on “Email this Message.” If the person agrees to share the list with you, you will have access to it under your friends.
- Amazon also provides gift suggestions to you based on your friend’s Facebook profile using Amazon’s Facebook connect to match.
How to Purchase an Item from a Friend’s Amazon Wish List
The purpose of asking for the lists is to ensure that your family and friends receive precisely want they need, desire and want while eliminating the chances of double git giving.
It is always best to shop directly from the wish list and not just to use it as an idea-list from purchasing online.
- Choose a gift from the list and add it to your cart. Confirm your selection by clicking on the cart button a second time, then click proceed to check out.
- Use the shipping address provided by your friend if you want the gift to be delivered to them directly by Amazon. Even if they did not include a shipping address, you could still get it delivered to them by adding the address yourself
- Select the Gifting option, and remove the price details
- Confirm the payment details and click the order
Your order will be processed and shipped accordingly. Delivery updates about the package will be sent to you via your email. The recipient will not know about the item purchased from their Wishlist until it arrives.
If you successfully ship the item to the recipient, the item will automatically be removed from their wish list.
The importance of the wish list cannot be overemphasized. It is easy to use and leverage. It saves you a lot of effort and energy while trying to figure out exactly what your friends and loved ones need as a gift item. In case you run into any problem with an Amazon platform, you can file a dispute and they are quick to resolve any issues. You can even receive Amazon courtesy credits for any delays, or any issues that happen on their end.