The art of renting Amazon books can be fascinating, especially if you want to cut down costs. As long as you always return the books as at when due, you will keep having access to different books without having to buy them. When you return rented books through Amazon pick up locations, the item will be marked “returned” faster than when you return it through Amazon certified carriers.
There is no extra shipping fee for returning books rented. Each time you borrow books, you will be given printed prepaid labels, which can be used to return multiple rented books in a single box as long as they are captioned in your return slip. If you wish to save more money on a couple of school textbooks that you don’t need to own necessarily, renting that particular book from Amazon could be one of the best things to do.
You just need to make sure you are disciplined enough to return the book on time to avoid incurring extra fees. The process of returning rented books to Amazon is straightforward and easy.
In this article, we will explore the different ways of returning books to Amazon.
Do you have a book you rented from Amazon but don’t know how to return it, there are various ways of returning borrowed books to Amazon. Even if you purchase a digital book or a physical one, there are ways of returning it to get your money back.
Continue reading to get the steps needed to return your rented book
How to Return items from Amazon Books
Follow the steps below to return books purchased at Amazon Books brick-and-mortar Locations
Package the book/item you want to return in the pack they came in.
Get the receipt (either electronic or physical) alongside the order number on it.
Go back to the Amazon Books location you purchased the book from. A sales representative will be waiting to help you with the return process.
How to return Kindle Books
If you purchased a book from Amazon Kindle and you wish to return it, you will be able to return it within the first one week of your purchase. It is an easy and straightforward process. You also cancel the order almost immediately from your Kindle fire shortly after the purchase by selecting the “Purchase by Accident?” Cancel this order” option.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices on the Amazon website or App.
- Choose the “…” button In the Content tab close to the book you are trying to return.
- Then select the “Return for Refund” option
- Lastly, click on the Return for Refund” button that displays when the windows appear.
How to Return a Rented Book
To return a book you rented from Amazon, kindly follow the steps below. You must note that if you don’t return the book on the due date, you will incur some extra charges. You must also keep in mind that the refund period depends on the category of the product.
- Click on the “Manage Your Rental” option on the official Amazon website
- Search and select the book you want to return
- Click on the “Return Rental” option. A prepaid return shipping label will pop out, which you must print out.
- Put the book in its original pack attached with the printed slip
- Attach the shipping label and send it via the USPS or any other carrier of your choice.
How to Return Regular Books
If you purchased a physical book on the official Amazon website and you wish to return it, you will have a period of 30 days to initiate the returning process.
- Firstly, Go to the Amazon order page
- Search for the item you wish to return and select the “Return items” button located on the right side.
- Click the checkbox close to the book you want to return
- Select the reason for your return from the drop-down menu
- Select the continue button
- Lastly, select the pickup schedule from the drop-down menu
After you have entered all the relevant information, you can then click the submit button.
At first, the process returning books to Amazon might look cumbersome, but you will get to discover later that the Amazon return process is quite easy and straightforward when you know exactly what to expect and how to go about it. You can also get more information on how to return other items you bought or ordered as a gift for someone.