Tutoring is a great way to earn money, whether you are doing it full-time or as a side gig. A lot of students do it to get some extra cash, fund their college life, and build a reputation.
It is a fulfilling job with lots of prospects like flexibility and being your own boss.
But it takes some time and considerable effort to build a brand and find clients.
Here is where marketing comes to help.
If you are a student, it might be challenging to find time for that.
You have to not only prepare lessons for existing clients but also cope with a huge amount of assignments in college.
The endless essays, research papers, case studies, and opinion pieces take a lot of time and energy.
And when you add crafting a marketing strategy to the mix, it all seems impossible. Luckily, there is a way to combat that.
One can always get professional academic paper help by WritePaper to free some time. It is easy and effective – you can get expert advice on editing, formatting, or proofreading.
Or you can opt for writers to do everything from scratch for you. In any case, you get an excellent paper and free time.
Meanwhile, you can use these tips for marketing your tutoring services.
5 Referral Marketing Tips
Of course, the first step would be to study marketing and techniques used today. Without it, no entrepreneur would be successful, no matter how small or big the business is.
The first type to consider is by word of mouth or referral marketing. It is based on networking and personal recommendations. A client that is happy with your services is more likely to recommend them to others. It is as simple as that. But it is also possible to be proactive in this strategy. Here is what one can do.
- Ask clients for reviews and feedback on your professional website or tutoring page on freelance platforms;
- Focus on customer satisfaction;
- Create a referral program with bonuses for the client that recommends you and the new one that comes by such offer;
- Have an online presence so people can find you – personal website, blog, professional social media, or profile on freelance tutoring sites.
- Give free talks at educational centers.
This is a valid strategy that has only one con – you cannot fully control what people say about your services. What you can do is to provide the best experience.
10 Content Marketing Techniques
Content marketing is one of the best ways to grow clients’ bases for any type of business. It is much more affordable than traditional advertising and accessible to anyone. And if you follow trends and guidelines, you can get great results. Here are tips on content marketing strategy for tutors.
- Create a personal website with a blog to offer high-quality content;
- Optimize content to the needs of the audience (research keywords and topics people are interested in based on search engine results);
- Consider social media content;
- Create educational or helpful videos to showcase your expertise and professionalism;
- Have a sign-up feature for the audience to receive updates – now you have an email list to send offers;
- Post regularly. It doesn’t have to be every day, but even a weekly quality text will do greatly;
- In the “about me” section, list your credentials, qualifications, certifications, and key achievements;
- Put in contact information, services you offer, and how one can sign up;
- Create e-guides and infographics;
- Interview guests for posts or podcasts.
Another fun idea is to create a free test to evaluate one’s knowledge on the subject you are tutoring. So a person can take the test, see the gaps in their knowledge and ask for help.
8 Tips for SEO Marketing
This strategy is directly linked to content creation and online presence. Yet, it incorporates a lot and deserves a separate section.
Search engine optimization is a must for anyone who wants to drive organic traffic. So if you post a blog, you want people to find it. And you want them to find your website when they are looking for tutors. Here are the best SEO tips for that.
- Optimize the website’s speed and layout;
- Create a mobile-friendly interface;
- Use keywords for the content and opt for long-tail keywords as it is easier to rank for them higher;
- Research what keywords competitors are using;
- Use keywords in headlines, meta titles, and meta descriptions;
- Create long-form content as it performs better;
- Always add visuals to the content and optimize it as well (image description);
- Use tools like Google Analytics to see what works best for your platform.
There are more advanced measures and technologies, like A/B testing and heat maps. But for beginners, Google Analytics is enough to get into this industry. As you go, you’ll learn more.
6 Ways to Use Face-to-Face Networking
Not everything has to be digital. Good old networking is another great option to market your services. The main point here is to know where to go to find your target audience. It depends on the subjects you teach and the age group of clients first of all.
Here are some networking tips you might find helpful.
- Attend business networking events locally;
- Consider partnerships or sponsorships;
- Distribute printed materials in schools or on campuses;
- Offer free seminars at local schools;
- Apply for RFP in local or district schools;
- Offer to create corporate or college/university discount programs. Or create such on your own.
Of course, it is also possible to pitch your services to school or college staff members so that they can give recommendations to students, but it is time-consuming and not always effective.
7 Social Media and Social Bookmarking Tips
One of the most well-known social bookmarking sites is Reddit. It can be used to promote services, publish content, and get unique backlinks to your platform. And it is good for brand exposure and awareness. There are many such websites out there, so try several out and see which one works best for you.
Social media marketing is close to content strategy. But it focuses on the use of social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Those platforms are amazing for sharing content, acquiring a new audience, or marketing your online course. Choose the ones where your target audience is. And follow these tips.
- Post content regularly. For example, post links to new blog posts;
- Share relevant news, study tips, education tools recommendations, etc.;
- Participate in trends to get more attention;
- Promote special offers;
- Use paid advertising to get more exposure;
- Use hashtags, join discussions (for example of standardized tests), and engage with the audience directly;
- Hold interesting contests to attract the audience.
With the right approach, social media is a powerful promotion tool.
Growing a clients’ base is a top priority for tutors. There are many marketing opportunities available both online and offline. One needs to identify the target audience and reach out to them effectively. Provide prospective customers with value, for example, helpful content. It will also help to establish expertise in the field and acquire a great reputation.