Online, there is a thin line between recognizable brands and those that fade in the background. It is natural to crave attention online. You want people to recognize your brand— a “When you think about premium coffee, think Starbucks” kind of attention. But how do you get people to notice you?
Search Engine Optimization: The Key to Brand Recognition
Digital Authority Partners said that a strong brand could place any business at the top of customer searches. There are many ways to boost recognition, but none can be more effective than search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO is a collection of strategies to improve your rankings in online searches. When used properly, SEO strategies can propel your business website to the first page of search engine results.
It is a fact that most people never look past the first page of search engine searches. So if you want to grab more attention or if you want people to start recognizing your brand, you should aim for the first page, the first few ranks on Google.
Ways SEO Increases Brand Traffic
Think of your website as your digital storefront. SEO can drive more customers in like a billboard. But this does not happen overnight. It would be best to have careful planning, a keen understanding of your customer’s needs, and the right SEO tactics to work.
Use High-quality and Relevant Content
Search engines rank websites according to relevance and quality. Before, the use of keywords, keyword placement, and keyword density mattered a lot.
But these resulted in marketers stuffing their content with keywords making these impossible to digest. For a brief moment, these methods worked until loaded sites were flagged because of poor quality content.
What matters most is offering quality, relevant, relatable content. People will likely come back and check out what you offer if you give them the best content.
You can even count on people sharing your content if they find it interesting. So do your best to upgrade your site content, be it text, videos, images, or infographics.
- Find out what content your customers are looking for.
- Rely on industry trends, the latest news about your business, or reviews.
- Don’t neglect using the right keywords and keyword placement for easy indexing.
- Insert a call-to-action in your content to engage your customers.
- Encourage sharing, commenting, and reviewing your business.
- Review products or services related to your business.
Implement Local SEO Strategies
If your business targets local customers, you will benefit from local SEO practices. Local SEO varies from location to location because there is a different environment for every area.
Standing out in a busy city such as Chicago or San Diego is often challenging, especially when other businesses are similar to yours. To get people to notice your brand, you need to develop creative, engaging marketing tactics.
- Create a Google My Business (GMB) profile. Let’s discuss more GMB in the preceding sections.
- Use geo-specific keywords to zero in on your local business.
- Create business listings in various online directories.
- Develop landing pages specific to different locations.
Use GMB and Local SEO
Every business featured on Google has a GMB profile. This is the first thing your customers find when they search your business online. Your GMB offers an introduction to your business with your business name, address, and phone number.
Aside from this basic business information, your GMB listing also offers a brief description of your business, reviews, photos, website, and business hours.
Marketers must update their GMB and ensure that information is the same on their online platforms. Use SEO to boost your GMB and rank your business higher on Google.
- Include your keywords in your GMB description.
- Encourage your customers to rate and review your business.
- Respond to comments, even negative ones.
- Upload photos of your business with your brand name or signage.
- Update your hours of operation and include holiday hours.
- Update your website information to match your GMB profile.
Your GMB profile also complements your Maps information. If you have more than one business location, you must create separate GMB profiles for each. Maps will lead your customers to your business locations while driving, walking, or taking public transport.
Google My Business is one of the most powerful tools for SEO that can help you improve your branded traffic. It would be best if you never overlooked this strategy.
Recognize the Power of Guest Posting
Having your business, products, services, or brand featured on an authoritative site is one of the best ways to boost your brand reputation. Guest posting can instantly boost your credibility, but this is a two-way street. Your site must also welcome guest posts from business websites relevant to your industry.
Create content that will earn you links and mentions on various digital platforms. This will build your network, enhancing your brand traffic.
- Aim for organic mentions of your brand on high-rankling sites. Google and other search engines will identify your business as reputable and authoritative.
- Use industry-specific keywords in your content.
- Add internal links to support your link-building strategies.
Drive Traffic Through Social Media Marketing
Social media has played a crucial role in molding the reputation of businesses. You can use social media’s wide reach to engage customers and establish your brand as a reputable and quality business.
Social media sites such as Facebook use user demographics to help businesses connect with their target audiences. Use this feature to aim for local exposure or adjust settings to micro-focus on target groups depending on your products or services.
There are many ways to use social media platforms to your advantage:
- Link your blog, product sites, and business website to your social media account.
- Post relevant, helpful, and reliable information.
- Optimize your social media posts with the right keywords.
- Post regularly.
- Post shareable content.
- Use social media metrics to improve your reach and engagement.
SEO can boost your brand reputation and help grow your business. When used properly, it can be your efficient, practical, go-to digital marketing technique. SEO should always be your number one strategy, no matter what type of business you engage in.