In our series of answering the public’s most often asked questions about social media platforms, we are coming down to the important topic and query of tagging a business on Facebook. So far we did a great post on changing Facebook page name and username. We also did a short post explaining the difference between a like and a follow on Facebook, which we definitely recommend you read it, if you don’t know the answer.
When we are talking about online advertising, social media presence is very important. You can increase brand awareness on social media using various methods. Unfortunately, people want to see the ROI as soon as possible. This means they are not focusing their strategy on sales and growth of social media engagement.
Engagement is crucial when it comes to social media marketing. Marketers often forget that people want to talk back. Advertising should not be considered as a monolog. You need to give the opportunity for individuals and businesses to submit their own thoughts.
One of the best ways for increasing engagement on your business Facebook page is by directly tagging other businesses (Facebook pages) or individuals who already like your page.
Tagging is a very powerful way to increase engagement on every social media platform, which will lead to more people seeing your content and becoming a part of a community.
Why You Should Tag Businesses when Posting on Your Business Page
Even though tagging is simple, it is often misunderstood and not considered as an essential part of advertising. Tagging is a direct way to reach others and give them attention.
Giving other people attention may seem very counter-intuitive, but it is very useful in building long-term relationships with other Facebook pages.
Facebook is about driving people to pay attention to your business and brand. Some people think that tagging is re-directing people to other Facebook pages. However, since you are on social media, you cannot focus only on yourself. Social media is about building a strong community.
By tagging, you will create a sense of community and show other people that you care about them. Additionally, you will build trust between businesses that might come in handy for future collaborations.
How to Tag Facebook Page or Individual From Your Business Page
Facebook tagging works the same as many other social media platforms. It is a very straightforward process, and you can do it by following these simple steps:
- Go to the post section and type @ sign in your post;
- After typing the @ sign, leave no space and start typing the business page name or the person you want to tag.
- After typing the first letter, you will see a drop-down menu of all the choices that match your typing. Once you’ve found the business of individuals you want to tag, select their name. (You will see their name highlighted with blue color in your post this indicates that you successfully tagged someone)
- The next thing is to publish the post, and you are done!
Strategies For Tagging Facebook Pages
Once you’ve decided to go for a tagging strategy, you should always go for business pages or individuals that fit into the type content (niche) you submit on your page. Avoid tagging a bunch of people or pages for the sake of tagging. By doing this, you will only make the situation worse, and you will be considered a spammer.
Different Ways For Interacting With People Through Tagging
In order to apply the right strategy, you need to have the right approach. Some people have trouble incorporating tags in their posts just because they don’t know how to interact with other people or businesses.
Furthermore, there are a few ideas on how you can begin interacting with people by tagging:
- Tag people to give credits if you share something they’ve already published on their social media pages. Your audience can spot that you are getting the content from another page, which will have a negative impact on your engagement.
- Tag established partners by making a plan. Obviously, you cannot tag people or businesses on every post you share on your page. The best way is to create a tagging plan where you will include them in your post once a month or once in three months. Mentioning partners will only improve your relationship, and it will help you grab their attention.
- Leverage important events, meetings, and other activities in your posts by tagging partners and associates.
Facebook tagging is vital for your social media marketing plan. Remember, social media is all about creating connections with other people or businesses, and the best approach is by tagging them.
It is important to consider that some businesses might have this feature turned off, so you won’t be able to tag them.
Creating new partnerships and managing relationships is the key to success in the online business. Make sure you start building your relationships by tagging since it is a procedure that cannot happen overnight.
By the way, in case you are interested in more social media content, we are recommending some great reads.
For Instagram, make sure you give these posts a chance:
- How To View Private Instagram Profiles
- Does Instagram Send Notifications When You Screenshot a Story?
and for YouTube, check this one out:
Let us know if you enjoyed it!